RE: Web service using XML RPC and html Tidy by extracting data fr om a web page

biranchi rout wrote:
>   I am a newbie in the web service area. I have written one xml rpc
> server and a client to test it. It works fine.
>      I need to create a web service which will display the formatted
> information by taking input from another web page, I am not sure , how
> they will interact.
>      I have to use some sort of HTML scrapping, anybody has idea, can
> guide me how to go ahead with this.

In the past, I have used Tidy to convert HTML pages into XHTML and then use
XSL to pull data out of the XHTML.  It worked well, but the XSL is not the
prettiest.  Good luck.

--
Kipp E. Howard
Sr. Software Engineer, LexisNexis File & Serve