Questions on the abilities of Tidy

From: Philip Gabbert <guice666@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 07:22:23 -0500
To: html-tidy@w3.org

I'm working on a site I had to use wget to grab a site through HTTP on
Yahoo. The HTML coding is so messed up; all compressed into 1 line,
bad markup all over the place.

I've done the best I can in changing a few things here and there, but
now I need to do a global change. HTML Tidy came to mind, but I don't
like some things that Tidy does: it quotes numeric characters, which
I'd prefer not to; t displays Option as a block emelent but Select as
inline (/boggle); there's no way to set Input as a block item; and it
formats hex numerials in uppercase.

One thing I like about GoLive is the ability to customize each
individual tag to display the way I want it to, in which I've changed
about 6-10 tags. Is there such a thing for HTML Tidy? Is there a way
to fix some of these annoyances I have with Tidy? GoLive is unable to
do a simple site wide reformat from what I could find, but HTML Tidy
can using basic unix commands like find, xargs, etc.

Thanks
Philip