tidy LNK2019 compiler error

From: Kevin Howe <khowe@perfnet.ca>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 13:14:43 -0400
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

I'm trying to compile the example from http://tidy.sf.net/libintro.html but
I get a bunch of "unresolved external symbol" errors? I'm using the most
recent CVS source snapshot (tidy_src.tgz), both the src and include
directories have been included in environment variables.

cl test.c
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 7.10.3077

/out:test.exe
test.obj
test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _tidyRelease referenced
in function _main
test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _tidyBufFree referenced
in function _main
test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _tidySaveBuffer
referenced in function _main
test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _tidyRunDiagnostics
referenced in function _main
test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _tidyCleanAndRepair
referenced in function _main
test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _tidyParseString
referenced in function _main
test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _tidySetErrorBuffer
referenced in function _main
test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _tidyOptSetBool
referenced in function _main
test.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _tidyCreate referenced
in function _main
test.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 9 unresolved externals