Re: Using Tidy directly from anything?

From: Jason Robinson <JRobinson@KitchenPages.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 16:13:54 +1000
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hi Gregg,

I am running on win9x with tidyui.exe 1, 1, 0, 1 which does not accept
command line filenames; so creating a macro or simmilar method from word
would have no affect.  I would presume that my current version of tidy needs
a command line method written into the exe.

I do not know if other ports of tidy would have support as you described but
I have to admit it would be very handy as tidy is a wonderfull tool.  I
wonder if a 'translation' dll of some nature could be made.  In affect
giving tidy its own file extension system along side of things like word,
thereon tidy could resave into a .htm file format - etc.  However it is a
good idea you have there as I would like that option in other programs.

There may be a addon or something - so I have also posted in a request for
one, or support as you have described.

Fellow tidy user,
Jason Robinson