Re: Formatting ASP.NET code

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 13:12:52 +0200
To: Tommi <tommiweb1@q1b.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

* Tommi wrote:
>About the other problem I was having: I have a page with <asp:> tag
>inside the head and title part of the page:
>
><title><asp:literal ...
>
>When I tidy this, it is moved into the body part and the head part is
>left with and empty <title></title>. Any idea why this happends?

Well, the <title> element in HTML 4 and later only allows text, so that

  <title><asp:literal ...

is certainly an error, you either mean

  <title>&lt;asp:literal ...

or

  <title></title><asp:literal ...

Tidy is designed to process (possibly illegal) HTML/XHTML/XML documents,
so it does not know much better than that...