From: Paul Reger <paulr@olivetree.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2004 11:37:22 -0700
Subject: Help with tidy?
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi,

I am a new user of Tidy.  I wish to use it as
the basis for a parser of HTML documents.  The parser will be part of
a conversion tool to convert from HTML to another markup language that is
proprietary to our company..

I have some questions, and any help lent would be
most appreciated.  If you could point me at documents or other code, that
would be most helpful.

Tidy is reporting errors in a sample
file that I am feeding it.  When I use the -xml switch, tidy
reports the document with 4 errors and w/o the -xml switch, tidy reports the
document has 1,481 errors.

When I do not include the -xml switch, tidy
reports this one error (several times):

line 1275 column 7 - Error: <o:p> is not
recognized!

When I do include the -xml switch, tidy
reports the following 4 errors:

line 1268 column 1 - Error: unexpected