How to drop empty attributes?

From: Rene Sprotte <rene@xinit.org>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2004 14:21:15 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi,

I use tidy to get valid xhtml code out of a web content management
system. Everything works great but I have one last Problem. Due to some
reasons the system I use generates links in the following format:

If you don't specify a target the target attribute will be empty as
shown above. My question is, how to tell tidy to remove such empty
attributes, since they are not valid xhtml 1.0 transitional.

Thanks in advance,

best regards, René