Using tidy to convert from transitional XHTML to strict XHTML

From: Leonard Armstrong <LArmstrong@NBME.org>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 13:12:39 -0500
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>
Can tidy be used to alter transitional XHTML into valid strict HTML? My
current focus is on the allowable child elements of the <body> tag. I have a
run tidy with "output-xhtml: true" and "doctype: strict" in my config file,
it does indeed output a strict XHTML DOCTYPE declaration, but it still leaves

Am I trying to use Tidy in a manner for which it is not intended?

Thanks,

Leonard

Leonard T. Armstrong
Senior Software Engineer