tidy loses spaces after inline tags

From: Jean Jordaan <jean@upfrontsystems.co.za>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:50:12 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi all.

I'm just a happy tidy luser. I've just upgraded to
HTML Tidy for Linux/x86 released on 1st October 2003
and I'm seeing some breakage where I didn't before. When processing
an XML document containing this::

     <application>Creme</application> is not so much a single
     application, as an <emphasis>integration</emphasis> of a wide
     range of Open Source components.

the result is this::

     <application>Creme</application>is not so much a single
     application, as an
     <emphasis>integration</emphasis>of a wide range of Open Source
     components.

When I generate HTML from this, I get "Cremeis" and "integrationof"
instead of "Creme is" and "integration of". Is there a way to tell
tidy not to throw the spaces away?

I tried 'tidy -xml --indent auto' and 'tidy -xml'.

--
Jean Jordaan
http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za