help required on XHTML validation Note

From: Rajesh R Kathiru <kathiru@uab.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 19:31:28 -0600
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hello,

I am trying to validate my XHTML file using W3C MarkUp Validation
Service.
The validator indicates that the file is a valid XHTML1.0 Transitional
but gives the following Note:

"
The HTTP Content-Type header sent by your web browser (unknown) did not
contain a "charset" parameter, but the Content-Type was one of the XML
text/* sub-types (text/xml). The relevant specification (RFC 3023)
specifies a strong default of "us-ascii" for such documents so we will
use this value regardless of any encoding you may have indicated
elsewhere. If you would like to use a different encoding, you should
arrange to have your browser send this new encoding information.
"

In my file I have the following line in the <head> tag

I am using IE6.0. If anyone knows the reason why the NOTE is being
shown, please let me know.

Appreciate your help!

Regards
Rajesh