Re: XML pretty-printing and entities

From: Paul DuBois <paul@kitebird.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:50:18 -0600
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

At 1:10 +0100 1/7/04, Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:
>* Jany Quintard wrote:
>>Is there a possibility when pretty-printing an XML file with tidy
>>to avoid the replacement of entities such as &MyEntity; by things like
>>&amp;MyEntity;?
>
>No.

I also wanted an XML reformatter that wouldn't attempt to resolve entities.
What with that and other requirements, I ended up writing one myself.
If you want to try it, it's available here:

http://www.kitebird.com/software/xmlformat/

The parsing code is based on Robert Cameron's REX, which performs a purely
lexical parse with no entity resolution involved.