JTidy removing attributes when tidying up a HTML page

From: Dirk Weigenand <Dirk.Weigenand@smb-tec.com>
Date: 08 Jan 2004 13:54:00 +0100
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi,

i already tried on the jtidy mailing list on sourceforge but have got no
response so far. So i'm reposting my question on this list:

I'm using JTidy in conjunction with HTTPUnit for some web testing.

When i get the DOM from HTTPUnit (WebConversation.getCurrentPage().getDOM())
and then look up an Element by id (either by document.getElementById() or via
iterating over the DOM and inspecting the attributes of each element) all id
attributes are removed.

Is this something one can change via a configuration option or can give me
someone a hint as to the deeper reasons behind this problem?

regards,
        Dirk
Dirk Weigenand                      mailto:Dirk.Weigenand@smb-tec.com
SMB GmbH                                       http://www.smb-tec.com