Re: Tidy cannot open file

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 23:26:21 +0200
To: "Bill Reddie" <info@channel1records.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

* Bill Reddie wrote:
>Am using Tidy GUI to clean up some messy FrontPage html. Have
>successfully cleaned up all pages except one. When Tidy is
>given the source C:\channel1records.com\conditioned_reaction.htm...
>it returns a message stating it cannot open the file.

When everything else fails, you can find a tool called "filemon"
on http://www.sysinternals.com/ which would show which file Tidy
attempts to open and if it fails, why. I would assume that you
either specified the wrong path to the file (or a wrong file name)
or that there is some kind of lock on the file, e.g. it could be
opened from another application which hinders other applications
to open it.