Re: User question: line breaks

From: Susan Lesch <lesch@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 00:28:04 -0700
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>, Cory Nelson <phrosty@gmail.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

I appreciate your time, Bjoern and Cory. Thank you.

Bjoern Hoehrmann wrote:

>You mean, you have e.g.

>and want Tidy to emit e.g.

Yes,

I am accustomed to the "Tidy's default style" (that's what
htmldoc/Overview.html calls it I think).

>without indentation? Hmm... It's (close to) what old versions of Tidy
>did, we changed it for some reason and later introduced an experimental
>boolean config option 'vertical-space'... A March 2003 build would
>indeed generate the above using `--vertical-space yes` but current
>builds do not... I'll have a look at it.

In the meantime, this turned out to do what I needed:

indent: auto
indent-spaces: 0

except that it wraps comments, so for example:

    <!-- comment -->

becomes:

--
Susan Lesch           http://www.w3.org/People/Lesch/