Re: tidy and NoteTab

From: Fred Bone <Fred.Bone@dial.pipex.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 15:22:41 +0100
To: "Jonny May" <jonny@actioncapital.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

On 23 Apr 2004 at 9:42, Jonny May wrote:

> I am an ignorant newbie that usies NoteTab for text editing and basic HTML
> coding. Note Tab has an option to "Tidy HTML" that apparently uses the
> program tidy.exe but I can't figure out how to get tidy.exe.  I went to
> SourceForge.net and downloaded SOMETHING, but Windows 98 doesn't recognize
> it as an executable.
>
> What am I doing wrong???

Well, what *exactly* did you download? There's a whole bunch of stuff
at sourceforge, some of it entirely inappropriate for the Windows
environment (as with many things there).

Try <http://tidy.sourceforge.net/trt/tidy_win32.zip>, which you'll
need to unzip. That should, at least, get you an executable, albeit a
little out-of-date (July last year).

Or maybe Notetab is looking for a DLL, in which case go looking at
<http://htmltrim.sourceforge.net/tidy.html>. Here you'll also find
the latest (month-old) version.