making tidy ignore <script>

From: Enoch Root <enokhroot@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 13:49:40 -0700 (PDT)
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi all;

I've been trying to force tidy to ignore <script>
contents without success.  I've added it as a
new-pre-tags and it didn't work either.  However, if I
add some other tag, say foo, as a new-pre-tags, it
works fine, tidy ignores copies <foo></foo> contents
together with newlines, etc.

My question is how to make tidy ignore <script>
contents?  I'm using tidy in XML mode, for tidying XSL
stylesheets which also happen to contain JavaScript
functions and I'd like tidy to copy them as is.

Thanks in advance.