GUI wrapper for HTML-Tidy for windows

From: Henry Bartlett <hambar@microtech.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 08:16:14 +1000
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Let me introduce myself.

My name is Henry Bartlett and I am a retired schoolteacher who
programs as a hobby.

I also maintain several web-sites and had got into bad habits with my
hand-coding of HTML.

Someone who was reviewing one of my pages. spotted some of the errors
and sent me a report from HTML Tidy.

So I downloaded a copy of Charles Reitzel's HTML Tidy for Windows.

At the time I was unaware that he had developed Tidy UI and so wrote
several batch files to simplify the use of the command-line Tidy.

A week or so ago, I began writing a Windows wrapper to launch HTML
Tidy and it is now more-or-less complete.

I have since discovered Tidy UI.

There is considerable overlap between Tidy UI and my program
(provisionally entitled HABit Tidy), but I have taken a quite
different approach.

While mine is a less sophisticated program than Tidy UI, it suits my
needs better.

After a decent period of usage, I plan to release my program on my
site as freeware.

I contacted Charles Reitzel to let him know what I was up to and he
has suggested that I post this information to the html-tidy list.

I am uploading HABit Tidy, in its current form, to my web-site at
http://www.hotkey.net.au/~hambar/habit/files/habtidy.zip.

If you are interested. you are welcome to download it (151Kb).

Please remember that it is still a work-in-progress. The Help file.is
yet o come.

I would very much appreciate any suggestions or comments.

Henry Bartlett
HABit utilities ( http://www.hotkey.net.au/~hambar/habit/ )