Re: Problems tidying content as XHTML strict

From: Tim Fountain <tim@incutio.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 15:41:07 +0100
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Thursday, August 14, 2003, 2:48:50 PM, Bjoern wrote:

>>> Your document contains elements that do not conform to Strict, and
>>> Tidy is preserving them and adjusting the Doctype to suit.
>>
>>> The only other option would be to discard the non-Strict tags and
>>> attributes (since there's no general way to transform them into
>>> Strict ones).
>>
>> Discarding them would be fine, is there any way I can get Tidy to
>> do this?

> --drop-proprietary-attributes yes as a start.

Thanks, that drops the non-standard attributes which will help for
some of the other input files.  However in this sample file the
attributes _are_ standard (color, face etc.), just not for this
particular HTML version.

Is there no way to get Tidy to drop these?

--
Tim Fountain | Web developer | Incutio Limited | www.incutio.com
email: tim@incutio.com | Tel: +44 8708 700 333 | Fax: +44 7092 181 581