Re: Problems tidying content as XHTML strict

From: Tim Fountain <tim@incutio.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2003 10:17:24 +0100
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Thursday, August 14, 2003, 9:45:28 AM, Fred wrote:

> On 12 Aug 2003 at 15:40, Tim Fountain wrote:

>> The output needs to be XHTML strict, however despite the doctype in
>> the content and me setting the doctype in the tidy configuration
>> file, the resulting output seems to be XHTML transitional.

> Your document contains elements that do not conform to Strict, and
> Tidy is preserving them and adjusting the Doctype to suit.

> The only other option would be to discard the non-Strict tags and
> attributes (since there's no general way to transform them into
> Strict ones).

Discarding them would be fine, is there any way I can get Tidy to do
this?

I just tried adding 'clean: yes' to my config file, and although that
removed the p align="left"'s (and put a CSS class in instead), the
color, size and face attributes are all still there.

--
Tim Fountain | Web developer | Incutio Limited | www.incutio.com
email: tim@incutio.com | Tel: +44 8708 700 333 | Fax: +44 7092 181 581