Re: New Site Cleaning Project

From: Julian Voelcker <asp@tvw.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:59:20 GMT
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the feedback.

I've already had to convert 12,000 word docs that didn't use any set
stylesheets and know what a pain it is.

> - There are tools out there that attempt to export Word documents to HTML
> but I couldn't use them because I needed more customization than they
> provided and I suspect that many people will have the same problbems I did

I found a reasonable one, with a lot of options that is also available as a
dll which I am toying around with using until I get the time to do my own.

> - C# and .net are cool.  But for my app, I didn't find a need for it.  So
> much of it was just calling other proccess's.  I decided to keep it simple
> and able to run on any Windows computer instead of requiring that the
> computer had the .net framework installed.

I'm going for C# mainly because it is what I know.  I know the framework side
of things is a pain, so may consider an alternative if there is enough
interest.

Cheers,

Julian Voelcker
The Virtual World (UK) Limited