Change in indent style

From: Vladimir Prus <ghost@cs.msu.su>
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2003 19:53:22 +0300
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hello,
I've noticed that the recent C version of tidy

    (HTML Tidy for Linux/x86 released on 1st January 2003)

as well as

    HTML Tidy for Linux/x86 released on 1st November 2002

produces output quite different from that of

    HTML Tidy for Linux/x86 (release date: 1st October 2002; built on Oct  8
     2002, at 23:33:07)

when using "-i -wrap 78" options.

For example, <h3> element is now split into three lines, except of been placed
on one. This is quite troublesome, because I'm using tidy to make sure that
changes to html documentation result in minimal textual difference. If several
persons you different versions of tidy, or tidy behaviour changes, the
difference between document version is rather large.

Is there a way to get older behaviour back with command line switches. More
general question: is there a place where changes in formatting behaviour are
documented, so that I can learn proper combination of switches myself.

TIA,
Volodya