RE: Suppressing the extra CR after an </tag>

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2003 18:10:51 -0500
To: "Jason Manaigre" <jmanaigre@iisd.ca>
Cc: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hi Jason,

At 11:43 AM 2/7/2003 -0600, Jason Manaigre wrote:
>Hey Charles, I'm sure you hear allot of complaining, always remember, this
>program kicks some serious ass and I use it everyday. It's fantastic...

Kind of you to say.  Of course, complainers play a vital role.  How else
would anything happen in software?

>I think I'm the only developer who doesn't like indenting..<G>
>
>So:
>indent:auto
>indent-spaces:0
>indent-attributes:no
>
>Works well, no indenting and still have the empty lines, perfect...

I think there are many like yourself, so this is helpful.  Btw,
indent-attributes is off by default.

>One question tho, when new version of tidy are built, is there ever an
>announcement that new entries in the config file are needed? Such as
>indent-attributes, hadn't seen that one before...

I am getting the message from various folks that the Tidy development team
needs to do a better job of communicating with the user community.

A change log would be a good start.  Does anyone know of a script to build
such a thing from CVS logs?  We could also use some release engineering
assistance.

take it easy,
Charlie