Re: tidy is not happy tidying up html generated by Microsoft word

Hi Erwin,

Turns out Microsoft Word produces html that is sub-standard, very
sub-standard in many ways.  But there are some configurable options in
Tidy that may help you out, take a look at these.

Word-2000  http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#word-2000
force-output  http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#force-output
bare  http://tidy.sourceforge.net/docs/quickref.html#bare

Also look at Microsofts own cleaning app
http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/Msohtmf2.aspx

I have been working on a custom app to convert Word output to XHTML and
learning alot about what it takes to clean up the junk and leave behind
useful info.

Cheers
Fred