From: Subbakrishna <subbumv@excelindia.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:40:12 +0530
To: html-tidy@w3.org

I have a question on Tidy usage. Hope this is the forum to ask these
type of questions. If this is not the one, please let me know where else
I can post it.

I have content like this...

because 2<sup>3</sup> = 8.

When I apply tidy(to make it as xml), it becomes like this...

</sup> = 8, we can see that x = 3, because 2

The problem is <sup> and <em> are pushed into new line. This induces a
space to appear between "2" and "x".

My question is, how do we force tidy to retain the original line
sequence but with converting html into xml?

Thanks in advance