Incorrect handling of pre tags in latest Windows and OS/2 versions

From: Christian Hennecke <christian.hennecke@ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 17:12:51 +0200 (CEST)
To: "html-tidy@w3.org" <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hello.

It has been brought to my attention that there is a bug in the way the
text inside pre tags is handled if there are other tags included. Only
the first line after the opening pre tag is indented correctly, for all
following ones inside the pre tags any leading spaces are removed and
the code begins in the first column.

E.g.:

<pre>
</pre>

becomes:

  <pre>
</pre>

However, if I remove the superfluous bold and teletype tags, it works
fine.

Christian Hennecke