does "show-body-only" also mean "accept-body-only"?

From: Achim Schaefer <Achim.Schaefer@neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 14:34:55 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi,

can anybody (maybe somebody of the tidy developers) tell me wether it is
meant to be correct that tidy accepts "body-only" html as input without
complaints when I use the option "show-body-only"?

As I would understand this option and also the text from the Quick
Reference, it would mean to output only the body. However, I found out that
tidy also accepts only the body as input.

I welcome this behaviour, but I would like to make sure that it is
intentional. So if I check out a newer version from cvs, should I fear that
it changes?

If it is intentional, I would suggest to include this information into the
Quick Reference.

Thanks for your help and for the great tool tidy.

Achim Schäfer

P.S. I use tidy released on 1st March 2003 from cvs.