RE: Translation of numeric entities

From: Graham Adcock <graham@intology.com.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 16:44:41 +1000
To: "'Bjoern Hoehrmann'" <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: <html-tidy@w3.org>, <creitzel@rcn.com>

Thanks Bjoern

I should have said that I am using the Tidy ATL which I got from Charles
Reitzel's page at http://users.rcn.com/creitzel/tidy.html.  My test is
fairly simple - using the TidyInputForm test program provided.  I can set
config values but not command line arguments so I am trying to figure out
what config settings I should use.  I have played around without success - I
still get the numeric entity converted to a character (eg &#247; to ).  The
following is one of the sets of config parameters I have tried without
success:

indent-spaces: 4
indent: auto
indent-attributes: yes
tidy-mark: no
show-errors: 0
show-warnings: false
char-encoding: raw
ascii-chars: no
numeric-entities: yes

Any suggestions on what config parameters to use to get the numeric entities
to pass  through unchanged?

Thanks
Graham A.