invalid HTML tags

From: Nikolay Georgiev <nikolay.georgiev@netvalue.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2003 18:56:37 +0200
To: html-tidy@w3.org

Hello folks,

I'd like to know is there a way to force JTidy to output XML or xHTML
form HTML even when in the HTML there are some invalid tags (which are
not in the specs). What I need is an option to tell tidy to erase those
tags in the case of xHTML output or simply to leave them (with a
warnning, and not to stop with error) in the case of XML ('cause the XML
have no DTD so any tag is good by default, right?).

Help please! Iím using JTidy API. From 2001/8

Thank you in advance
Nikolay