RE: Empty <div> tags

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:06:50 -0500
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Cc: "Cox, Charlie" <ccox@cincom.com>, Björn Höhrmann <bjoern@hoehrmann.de>

Thanks for your input.  Björn, can you weigh in on empty elements with
attributes?  Are they prunable or no?

Also, I find it very curious that you can use a DIV to position objects not
contained within.  Can you send a sample?  I like collect interesting
specimens of markup found "in the wild".

thanks,
Charlie