Tidy 101

From: David Blomstrom <GeoBear@geobop.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2002 21:30:42 -0800
To: html-tidy@w3.org

>Hi, I'm a new member looking for directions to a basic "primer," or
>something to get me started. I use Microsoft FrontPage, and I'm looking
>for a strategy to both clean up my html and perhaps convert it to XHTML. I
>downloaded Tidy and don't have a clue what to do with it.

I checked the FAQ's at http://www.boutell.com/faq/, as advised, but I found
no mention of Tidy.

Can anyone tell me...

1) If Tidy can indeed clean up FrontPage documents, and

2) If it can, is their an online guide that shows you how to get started?
The page at
http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/ says "Tidy is not yet a Windows
program," yet the program I downloaded was advertised as Windows compatible.

Thanks.

David Blomstrom  GeoBear@geobop.com