RE: Tidy and Custom Tags

True, but that problem was only with empty tags which, apparently, have
never worked until now.

Actually, there were two problems.  One was a config file parsing problem,
which caused problems whenever you declared more than one type of tag (on
sequential lines).  The other was declared empty tags never getting added
to parse tree.   I checked in fixes to both in the library branch last week.