Re: UTF8 without tempfiles

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 09:27:28 -0500
To: "Moshe Plotkin" <mplotkin@hotmail.com>
Cc: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hi Moshe,

wchar_t is usually UTF16.  What platform are you on?  It helps to figure
out if you should use Little or Big Endian unicode (UTF16LE and UTF16BE,
respectively).  If you can manage to save your documents with a byte-order
mark (two bytes at the beginning of the file that indicate the byte order),
you can specify plain UTF16.

For example, Intel (Windows and Linux) are LE.  Sparc (Solaris) and PowerPC
(Mac, IBM AIX) are BE.  Alpha (Linux) can be either, but is usually LE.

take it easy,
Charlie