Re: J-Tidy

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 22:55:43 -0400
To: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Cc: George Matthes <George@rga.com>, "'HTML Tidy'" <html-tidy@w3.org>

Actually, I wonder about that.  First, the C version is quite stable -
thanks in no small part to the many bug fixes made by the JTidy
crew.  Second, with the advent of TidyLib, I think it would be very easy to
generate a Java JNI wrapper using SWIG.  I have done a Perl wrapper that
works very well, indeed.

The only downside to JNI, AFAI can see, is the installation is more
cumbersome.  There is very little loss of portability.

Just a thought,
Charlie