Re: Different between Web HTML Validation and HTML Tidy

Hi Chan Yau,

We have heard about differences between Tidy and the validator.  Sometimes
it is the other way around.  Because it is not limited to DTD validation,
Tidy can find some things the validator cannot.

I believe, when Tidy encounters older, but valid markup - such as
leftmargin, topmargin, etc. - it silently changes the DOCTYPE to reflect
the actual HTML version of the document.  Unless you have chosen the
"quiet" option, it will print an information message to this effect.  Is
this what is happening for you?

If not, please send along a sample and a config file.

take it easy,
Charlie