HElp requested for Tidy !

From: Junnare, Abhijit <ajunnar@wpsenergy.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:24:08 -0400 (EDT)
To: <html-tidy@w3.org>

Hi there,
  This is Abhijt Junnare, a graduate student at Computer Engg. dept of The Univ of Minnesota. Currently i am pursuing an internship and i am working with XML XSL,SVG,ASP etc. I came to know about the tidy application used to validate the html files to convert them to XHTML format. I tried to download the tidy application but i could not use it. Will you please explain me how do i validate the HTML files. According to what i read it should automiatically generat a xhtml file. Is this waht exactly what i should expect to happen when i use the  tidy program. Actually i downloaded tidydbg utility so is it the same as the tidy utility? I will be grateful to you if you could reply me at your earliest. Thanking you in anticipation.
Regards,
Abhi