Re: TidyCOM

Hi Jelks,

I knew I could count on you to raise the issue! <grin>

As it happens, I spent a few hours yesterday working on the .NET
wrapper.  It seems like this should be a simple task, but it is turning out
to be the typical MS pain in the, er, posterior.  I think the VC7 byte-code
compiler is still a bit green.  I am getting messages that have no visible
appearance to the code itself.

If only because the environment is more mature, it might be easier to
generate a COM dispatch wrapper using ATL for TidyLib.  Is that what you
have in mind?

You are right, you cannot just call the DLL directly from VB, say.  Some
wrapper code is necessary. For VB 5 and 6, this is preferably
COM-based.  For VB7, it wants .NET but could probably still use COM, I
haven't played with it yet. A COM interface would also make TidyLib
accessible from Delphi and many other Windows languages.

take it easy,
Charlie