Re: tidyrc

From: Charles Reitzel <creitzel@rcn.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2002 17:23:23 -0400
To: "ben van 't ende" <ben@argument.nl>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org

Hi Ben,

You are right.  Tidy is wrong.  This is an old bug, where it doesn't check
for the existence of the file.

You can disable the ~/.tidyrc "feature" by un-defining SUPPORT_GETPWNAM in
the build.  You don't have to modify the source, but you do need to update
the Makefile.  Update line 62 to read as follows:

CFLAGS= -I $(INCLDIR) -USUPPORT_GETPWNAM

The -U option to gcc undefines a preprocessor macro.  Then just run "make"
with no arguments.

take it easy,
Charlie