Re: <meta> tag problem

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 03:04:36 +0200
To: "Raymond Tan" <qpoint@bigfoot.com>
Cc: <html-tidy@w3.org>
* Raymond Tan wrote:
>I am facing this problem with meta tags when I am trying to convert html to xml.
>
>[Fatal Error] :52:8: The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching
>end-tag "</meta>".
>error in extraction process!

Where is this error message from? It's certainly not HTML Tidy, it
doesn't have a "fatal error"...

By the way, ReportEncodingError uses the FatalError function, it
shouldn't do so, FatalError is only for fatal fatal fatal errors
like a failing malloc(). Who ever added this should please fix it,
thanks.