Re: <meta> tag problem

From: Matthew Stanfield <matthew@propertyknowledge.com>
Date: Sat, 09 Mar 2002 21:35:07 +0000
To: Raymond Tan <qpoint@bigfoot.com>
CC: html-tidy@w3.org
> I am facing this problem with meta tags when I am trying to convert html
> to xml.
>
> [Fatal Error] :52:8: The element type "meta" must be terminated by the
> matching end-tag "</meta>". error in extraction process!
>
> can anyone tell me what i should do? what config file setting should i
> use?

Ray, I'm no Tidy guru but you could try this (I am assuming you are aware
that option: 'output-xml' must be true).

Use the 'new tag' options adding 'meta' to each one like this:

new-blocklevel-tags: meta
new-empty-tags: meta
new-inline-tags: meta
new-pre-tags: meta

It's possible only one of these needs to be set. I know not which one.

Doing this sorted out similar problems I was having with the 'script' tag
using TidyCOM.

Like I said this may not work but give it a go anyway.

Regards,

..matthew