Re: html tidy and php

From: Klaus Johannes Rusch <KlausRusch@atmedia.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 20:02:11 CET
To: "Lukas Maczejka" <lukas.maczejka@gmx.at>
Cc: <html-tidy@w3.org>
In <FOEHJLCLGEFCBODDKNIKMEFPCAAA.lukas.maczejka@gmx.at>, "Lukas Maczejka" <lukas.maczejka@gmx.at> writes:
> i'm currently developing a xml-parser in php, having problems with not
> wellformed html/xml. problems i could solve by myself, but with an amount of
> time i don't want to lose if there is already a program that can do it for
> me.
> so my question is: is there a version of html tidy for php implemented or
> planned?

Tidy processes PHP code fragments embedded using

        <?php ... >

or

        <script language="php">...</script>

in element context.

Enhancements for inline PHP substitution, e.g.

are somewhat less likely to happen, and structural cleanup of dynamically
generated code is even less likely (and actually not doable), e.g. handling
code fragments like

        <? if ($a > 0) { echo "<meta content=bare"; } else { echo "<LINK>";} ; ?>

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch@atmedia.net