tidy turns > into > and pretends nothing happened

From: Dan Jacobson <jidanni@yahoo.com.tw>
Date: 21 Feb 2002 05:01:56 +0800
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Tidy turns > into &gt; and pretends nothing happened.
Sure, it is usually what we want, but I just don't think it is right
for tidy to use the same 'no errors found' message for a file that is
completely unchanged when run thru tidy, v.s. one that gets changed.
At least tell us "I changed something, not too important, use diff if
you absolutely must see it."
--
http://www.geocities.com/jidanni/ Taiwan(04)25854780