Re: declaring char-encoding in ouput xml

From: Terry Teague <terry_teague@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2002 00:17:50 -0800
To: <jere.rytkonen@helsinki.fi>, <html-tidy@w3.org>
At 12:22 PM +0200 2/5/02, Jere Rytkönen wrote:
>Hello, I have a small question / request conserning HTML Tidy.
>
>When outputting XML with Tidy, is it possible to have character encoding
>declared in the XML-declaration of the output file? If it's not possible
>with the current version, could you consider adding this feature to later
>versions of Tidy?
>
>Example: using options
>  output-xml: yes
>  output-encoding: latin1
>  add-xml-decl: yes
>
>would produce the following xml-declaration in the ouput file:
>  <?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>

Not sure what version of Tidy you are using, but this feature was added in
approx. the June/July 2001 timeframe. Currently it does only know about
LATIN1 and ISO2022.

Bug #427837 covers this.

<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=427837&group_id=27659&atid=3909
63>

We expect that other encodings will eventually be supported.

Regards, Terry