Possible bug in TidyCom.

From: Matthew Stanfield <matthew@propertyknowledge.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:29:13 +0000
To: html-tidy@w3.org
Hi Guys,

I emailed the following to the author of the TidyCom, found at:
http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ablavier/TidyCOM/

But thought someone here may know about this.

Thanks,

..matthew

Hi André,

I'm not sure but I may have found a possible bug in TidyCom.

I'm accessing the dll from a C# program and everything seems to be
working fine except Options.Doctype. It doesn't seem to make any
difference if I load a tidy config file with the line "doctype: omit" in
it or set that option manually in the program, the original line -in
this case the one below- is always left in.

I need to get rid of this line to make the tidied output xml compliant
html.

I've also tried setting the doctype option to a custom string, but this
doesn't work either although the Options.Doctype property correctly
displays the custom string if I write it to the screen before calling:
"TidyToFile(inFilename, outFilename);".

Please let me know if there is a work around this, especially if there's
a way to stop tidycom from putting <!DOCTYPE>'s in the output even if in
the input.

Thank you for making TidyCom open source and available free; it is
appreciated.

Many thanks and regards,

..matthew