Re: JTidy update

From: Terry Teague <terry_teague@users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 00:12:59 -0800
To: "Gary L Peskin" <garyp@firstech.com>, <html-tidy@w3.org>, <tidy-develop@lists.sourceforge.net>
At 8:47 PM -0800 2/3/02, Gary L Peskin wrote:
>I have some free time at the moment so I've started retrofitting the
>HTML Tidy changes into JTidy.  At the same time, I plan to remove any
>JTidy-specific emergency fixes that were designed to fix the same things
>that are fixed in the new HTML Tidy code base.
>
>After reviewing the diffs between the 4aug00 HTML Tidy release and the
>current CVS code base, I realize that this is going to be a somewhat
>larger task than I had hoped so I am getting started now rather than
>waiting for an official HTML Tidy release.  When that comes, I'll just
>have to do the catchup between now and then and it should be much more
>manageable.

Cool. I think that is probably the right approach. Hopefully the pace of
changes to the base Tidy source code is slowing down. I knew it wasn't
going to be easy <grin>.

Although I haven't completed them, I have been working on the release notes
for the next version of Tidy. The release notes give a fairly good overview
of what has changed in each source file, as well as a summary of all bugs
that have been fixed. While I may not intimately understand all the changes
made, I have a pretty good idea of what was changed for what reason. If you
think the release notes would help you do the conversion to Java, let me
know, and I will try to bring the release notes up to date, and send them
to you.

Regards, Terry