Re: recursiv searching and processing of files in subfolders

From: Klaus Johannes Rusch <KlausRusch@atmedia.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 08:30:58 -0100
To: "Doering, Thomas" <Thomas.Doering@airbus.dasa.de>
CC: "'html-tidy@w3.org'" <html-tidy@w3.org>
"Doering, Thomas" wrote:

> we have to process part of a Intranet site. How could we process all html
> files in all subfolders (and 'subsubfolders) at once with HTML Tidy?

Depends on your operating system, for example (assuming you want to
modify the files in place, backup your files first)

Unix:

	find /intranet/site -name '*.htm*' -exec tidy -m -additional-parameters
{} \;

Windows NT:

	cd \intranet\site
	for /r %f in (*.htm*) do tidy -m -additional-parameters %f

Windows 9x:

	Get a port of the Unix "find" command (Cygwin, GNU)
	Or, generate a list of files using dir /b *.htm* >list.bat
	Edit list.bat by prefixing every line with tidy -m
-additional-parameters

Terry provided instructions for MacOS already.

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch@atmedia.net