Re: width="n*" marked invalid on <COL>

From: Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net>
Date: Sat, 12 Jan 2002 19:26:00 +0100
To: Terry Teague <terry_teague@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc: html-tidy <html-tidy@w3.org>
* Terry Teague wrote:
>Looking at the code, the CheckLength() function in attrs.c doesn't allow
>for the relative form of the multilength attribute value type (n*).

The problem is that there are different attribute content models for
attributes with the same name, while Tidy assumes there is a unique
name => content model relationship. We should treat 'width' for 'col'
and 'colgroup' different. There is a similar problem, the attribute
'rows' is checked for a 'number', since the textarea element expects a
number in this attribute, but this conflicts with the 'rows' attribute
for the 'frameset' element, same for attribute 'cols'.

Someone to enter this in the bug tracker and I'll have a look at it.