Re: ASP/ASP.Net Port

Check out André Blavier's TidyCOM at http://perso.wanadoo.fr/ablavier/TidyCOM/

To go the COM route, it shouldn't be too difficult to bring the Tidy
sources up to date yourself, should that be necessary.  I did it once,
without problems.  But, admittedly, there weren't so many changes at the time.

If that turns out to be difficult or if .Net is a priority, you might also
check out the TidyLib portion of Marc-André Lemburg's Python
wrapper.  Marc-André says the C lib portion is usable separately.  Then, it
should be difficult to use Visual Studio to generate a COM or a .Net
wrapper from the header file.

I Haven't used .Net personally, but my experience with SOAP and Java
serialization (as well as COM) tells me that you want to make HTML Tidy a
"local" operation for web use.  I.e. distribute Tidy to each ASP server in
the "farm" and run it there.  Thus, you avoid network hops and, perhaps
more importantly, you avoid XML serialization/deserialization.  In the .NET
configs, look for a flag that "optimizes local invocation" or some
such.  FYI, the same logic applies to Java servers as well: EJB/CORBA can
be configured to avoid Java serialization for local invocations as a
deployment option.

take it easy,
Charlie