Re: converting from HTML to WML

From: Klaus Johannes Rusch <KlausRusch@atmedia.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 18:51:47 CET
To: mariam aziz <mariam_louis_aziz@yahoo.com>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org
In <20020418231302.75347.qmail@web14103.mail.yahoo.com>, mariam aziz <mariam_louis_aziz@yahoo.com> writes:
> really my project is developint generalized conversion tool convert HTML to WML
> not specific to certain site or file
> so now some small html files are conveted and displayed
> in the simulator(nokia toolkit) but the problem with large files
> also i want to ask you how can i convert any html file to xml
> tidy is a tool just for validation of HTML, is it convert html to xml?

Tidy converts HTML to XHTML using the -asxml option, which you can then convert
to any format you like through XSLT or another processor.

> also what about script in html? i don't know how to convert it to be suitable for mobile devices?

Tidy does not convert Javascript to WMLScript, in many cases the different
functionality will require manual changes anyway.

I suggest you look into some of the existing software products, for example
Websphere Transcoding Publisher, for doing HTML to WML conversions.

Klaus Johannes Rusch