From: Allan <allanc@caldera.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 11:29:50 -0400
To: html-tidy@w3.org

While porting to UnixWare, I noticed that the source I just downloaded
(http://tidy.sourceforge.net/src/tidy_src.tgz) is not automake/autoconf

I could "autoconf-iscate" tidy, if there is demand for it.

What we'd gain is perhaps easier port to current and newer platforms
(Even though the UnixWare port took me perhaps 12 seconds).  What might
be difficult to maintain is the $(OFILES) in the tidy/Makefile.  As
well, although distribution tars are then as trivial as "make dist", CVS
checkouts will require an extra step before building can occur.

Is this something we want?