Re: Config file suggestion (fwd)

From: Klaus Johannes Rusch <KlausRusch@atmedia.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2002 00:58:39 CET
To: Dale Chatham <dale@chatham.org>
Cc: html-tidy@w3.org
Dale

> On the UNIX side, I think you should consider default locations for
> configuration files.  I would think that all of the following should be
> searched, with the first hit of a confirmed file specifying the file:
>
> `pwd`/tidyrc
> `pwd`/.tidyrc
> Environmnet variable
> ~/.tidyrc
> ~/etc/tidyrc
> /etc/tidyrc
>
> This conforms to UNIX conventions and would allow various levels of
> standards for the way HTML should look.

this may be on the requested feature list already, otherwise may I suggest you
add this to under http://tidy.sf.net for tracking purposes and to avoid
duplication of your work -- certainly would make sense to support common paths
(for Windows and OS/2 probably %DPATH%\.tidyrc could be supported too)

I would vote for a single filename though, not multiple filenames.

--
Klaus Johannes Rusch
KlausRusch@atmedia.net